Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Smore Updates

So as an international student, there is plenty going on for you in Dundee. "freshers week" or welcome week is dedicated to new students and they heavily focus on the international students. So far it's been a mixture of traditional Scottish dancing, meet and greets, group gatherings and pub crawls. A lot of it isn't really my scene but i can't say i haven't had fun meeting other international students. i've met a handful of Canadians, French, Germans, Polish, Irish, Chinese and more from all over the globe. it's a very happy and excited group of people. Last night we took a walk up to the Dundee Law. It's a large monument on a hill in the center of the city that allows you to see breathtaking views. The walk was painful, you are basically walking straight up for a mile. The view was nice and i'm glad I did it, but I don't know how long before I will do it again. I am keeping full on mostly PB & J, sandwiches, cereal and venturing off into the city for lunch. Tonight I had a lamb kebob from a local place and some chips (fries). it was very good!

My new pals, Morgan, Steph and Julien are a lively and kind bunch. We met during our advisement meeting on Monday since we're all art students and have been sticking together pretty much every day since. I will have to get some pictures of them soon for next post.

Morgy, as i like to call her is from seattle, most recently pittsburg and she has big glasses and big hair. a very approachable lady. Steph is from Canada, born in nova scotia and living in Alberta currently and Julien is a french guy who is quiet and polite and has the same birthday as I do. None of these people like to drink! I find it refreshing but I thought everyone drank, especially in Scotland!

I am finding more and more, not so many young people do. It's quite odd but I like it.

Anyway! I am going to watch BBC news now. They have an iplayer with tv shows and movies. It's about all the tv watching I can do over here for free, so I stick to it. So far i've watched "chicken run", "breasts are best", "twins of the twin towers" and something else i fell asleep too.

here are some photos of the journey up dundee law, my flat (you can't tell but the bathroom looks like a weird laboratory. it's all gray plastic, like a plane bathroom and the shower is crazy tiny), the moon coming down my street tonight and hopefully i can post this hilarious video of the dancing from tonight. Note the long haired guys enthusiasm!

goodnight!




No comments:

Post a Comment