Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Spirit

Hey everyone! Sorry for being a debbie downer earlier. I am experiencing a lot of new emotions and getting acquainted with a new lifestyle has been challenging but i must say now everything is coming in to focus. I have met some art students and that has really changed my attitude. Sitting in my flat the first two nights was a bit miserable but now that I have people to explore with, the days fly by and i'm full of excitement. There are a lot of great things about the art department and the staff is one of them. I found my studio space today and reserved my spot in the room. It's on the 5th level of the art building with a nice view. I have a sturdy wooden table covered in paint and a little blue chair. I feel almost like i'm living someone else's dream. Before I didn't know how to process it, but now it's starting to feel natural and perfect. Thanks to all my friends who have said nice things to lift my spirits. The darkness has floated down to another town and I see nothing but good ahead. What was a few days ago is now completely opposite. I guess everyone needs to adjust, I just took what felt like longer.

Today I hung out with a new friend Julien, from France. He draws insects and dead things. He has the same appreciation for unfortunate animals as I do unfortunate people. I was very impressed by his work and it makes me feel honored to know I'll be attending a school with these kinds of talents. I think I will become very inspired here. It's all about the attitude and since mine has lifted, things are awesome! i really feel i belong here.

No new photos as of now, but once I start traveling more and start making art, I will post a great deal!

see ya later!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! I'm glad things are looking up and that good ole Jaime is back with us. :)

    Go get 'em, tiger!

    ReplyDelete