Sunday, September 4, 2011

Last Day / St. Andrews

We decided to get up very early for our last day, drive to St. Andrews, walk around the course and the city and try to not let our emotions get the best of us. It's my first day in Dundee without Phil and my heart is broken. I've never felt such a strong sadness as I do today. It's much harder than I expected.

My flat mates are nice. Two french girls, Emma and Mariane and a Canadian girl, Rasha. All friendly but I am so reclusive at this moment, they probably think i'm a depressed old goat.

They are young and free and as soon as morning came they were out the door. For me, i'm sitting in my room trying to conjure up enough courage to walk around. Phil being my rock and my right hand man the past 10 days has been great. Now it's all up to me and it's very lonely. No car, no home, no friends. I am excited for school to begin so I can meet more people.

As of now, i'm just chillin in my flat, writing on my blog, but I know it will get better and when I get home, i'll have my baby waiting for me.

Ok so here are more photos til the next time!




2 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I felt in Thailand. It was really hard to be so alone. It will get easier, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! The homesickness will wear off as soon as you get into the routine of school. Sorry you're having a rough time, but you know all your family and friends here in the US are cheering you on, so try and remember that we all need to hear all of your stories and experiences! Those of us who never have really traveled are living vicariously through you! (That would be me.)

    Seriously, I am so happy for you and I hope you have an amazing time. Love you! And yay for getting married after you get back! I need some details on that, little miss!

    ReplyDelete